Thursday, April 05, 2007

Things are Moving

Bill has his consultation with the anesthetist today and will have the bronchoscope done sometime after April 17. I am writing some columns ahead, two so far, and this weekend I will tackle the music one that is giving me so much trouble. I console myself with my past experience that the harder a thing is to write, the better the essay, although on a rare occasion passion has let me write a good one right off the top of my head. I am spending way too much time on these columns, but they keep me concentrating on them for a few hours and not on our problems. I probably am earning about a dollar an hour. Of course when I write novels, I am making about a penny an hour.

4 comments:

Mr Murray said...

That's why columnists and critics drive cars one hundred times more expensive than narrative writers. I'm thinking of trading in the Porsche SUV for a skateboard; although, I notice parking fines are less than getting caught on a skateboard in downtown Freddy.

Peter said...

Not this columnist. A dollar an hour for a novel? Wow! You're in the big leagues, NR!

S. Kearney said...

I hope things turn out OK or Bill, Nancy. And it's probably a wonderful thing doing the columns, keeping your mind off other things. :)

Zhoen said...

It's the work put in for pennies, that lead to that 'effortless' job that brings in the flood.

Or so I hope to believe.